My sons and daughters would join politics: Rabri
Patna: Former Bihar Chief Minister Rabri Devi said there was nothing new in dynastic politics in the country and her sons and daughters would join politics.
"There is nothing new about dynasty in politics and my sons and daughters too will be seen in active politics," Rabri Devi, who was elected unopposed to the state Legislative Council told reporters after taking the certificate.
You can take the example of Sharad Pawar and Karunanidhi whose daughter and sons are in active politics, Rabri Devi, the wife of RJD chief Lalu Prasad said.
She further said even sons of Bihar Agriculture minister Narendra Singh and ruling JD(U) MP Jagdish Sharma too are in politics.
"If anybody from my family goes to politics what is the new thing about it. Our sons and daughters will join active politics," she said in reply to a question.
"After being elected a member of state legislative council I will devote my full time for the people of Bihar and I will remain here and shall go to the people to expose Nitish Kumar," Rabri Devi said.
Referring to reported remarks of yoga guru Baba Ramdev against MPs, Rabri Devi said "Ramdev has made his remark on overall deterioration in politics and he has rightly said about it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof