My sons and daughters would join politics: Rabri
Patna: Former Bihar Chief Minister Rabri Devi said there was nothing new in dynastic politics in the country and her sons and daughters would join politics.
"There is nothing new about dynasty in politics and my sons and daughters too will be seen in active politics," Rabri Devi, who was elected unopposed to the state Legislative Council told reporters after taking the certificate.
You can take the example of Sharad Pawar and Karunanidhi whose daughter and sons are in active politics, Rabri Devi, the wife of RJD chief Lalu Prasad said.
She further said even sons of Bihar Agriculture minister Narendra Singh and ruling JD(U) MP Jagdish Sharma too are in politics.
"If anybody from my family goes to politics what is the new thing about it. Our sons and daughters will join active politics," she said in reply to a question.
"After being elected a member of state legislative council I will devote my full time for the people of Bihar and I will remain here and shall go to the people to expose Nitish Kumar," Rabri Devi said.
Referring to reported remarks of yoga guru Baba Ramdev against MPs, Rabri Devi said "Ramdev has made his remark on overall deterioration in politics and he has rightly said about it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29