Nearly 1,600 expelled for cheating in Bihar board exams, several parents arrested
Patna: Nearly 1,600 students, caught cheating in Bihar`s Class 10 board examinations, were expelled from it and over 100 parents who helped them use unfair means were arrested, an official said today.
"The students were expelled on charges of adopting unfair means," said an official of Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB).
According to board officials, 254 students were caught cheating on the first day of exams last Wednesday followed by 351 on the second day, 336 on third day, 368 on fourth day, and 292 on the fifth and final day Monday.
According to the board, over 1.3 million students across Bihar appeared for the Class 10 final exams.
The BSEB, which conducts the examinations, said it had made elaborate arrangements for peaceful and fair exams, but there were reports of widespread cheating from Shekhpura, Muzaffarpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Patna, Jehanabad and Bhagalpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days