Nearly 1,600 expelled for cheating in Bihar board exams, several parents arrested
Patna: Nearly 1,600 students, caught cheating in Bihar`s Class 10 board examinations, were expelled from it and over 100 parents who helped them use unfair means were arrested, an official said today.
"The students were expelled on charges of adopting unfair means," said an official of Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB).
According to board officials, 254 students were caught cheating on the first day of exams last Wednesday followed by 351 on the second day, 336 on third day, 368 on fourth day, and 292 on the fifth and final day Monday.
According to the board, over 1.3 million students across Bihar appeared for the Class 10 final exams.
The BSEB, which conducts the examinations, said it had made elaborate arrangements for peaceful and fair exams, but there were reports of widespread cheating from Shekhpura, Muzaffarpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Patna, Jehanabad and Bhagalpur.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents