Nearly 1,600 expelled for cheating in Bihar board exams, several parents arrested
Patna: Nearly 1,600 students, caught cheating in Bihar`s Class 10 board examinations, were expelled from it and over 100 parents who helped them use unfair means were arrested, an official said today.
"The students were expelled on charges of adopting unfair means," said an official of Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB).
According to board officials, 254 students were caught cheating on the first day of exams last Wednesday followed by 351 on the second day, 336 on third day, 368 on fourth day, and 292 on the fifth and final day Monday.
According to the board, over 1.3 million students across Bihar appeared for the Class 10 final exams.
The BSEB, which conducts the examinations, said it had made elaborate arrangements for peaceful and fair exams, but there were reports of widespread cheating from Shekhpura, Muzaffarpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Patna, Jehanabad and Bhagalpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie