Nearly 1,600 expelled for cheating in Bihar board exams, several parents arrested
Patna: Nearly 1,600 students, caught cheating in Bihar`s Class 10 board examinations, were expelled from it and over 100 parents who helped them use unfair means were arrested, an official said today.
"The students were expelled on charges of adopting unfair means," said an official of Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB).
According to board officials, 254 students were caught cheating on the first day of exams last Wednesday followed by 351 on the second day, 336 on third day, 368 on fourth day, and 292 on the fifth and final day Monday.
According to the board, over 1.3 million students across Bihar appeared for the Class 10 final exams.
The BSEB, which conducts the examinations, said it had made elaborate arrangements for peaceful and fair exams, but there were reports of widespread cheating from Shekhpura, Muzaffarpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Patna, Jehanabad and Bhagalpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest