Nitish again asks Centre for spl category status
Patna: Observing that Bihar has been
grappling with economic backwardness after being neglected by
the Central government over the years, Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar on Friday again urged the Centre to accord special category
status to give fillip to development activities in the state.
Bihar has not only been grappling with economic
backwardness over the years, but also facing natural
calamities like flood and drought that caused damage to
agriculture, Kumar said at a function in Siwan district
to wind up his three-day seva yatra.
The state should be duly compensated for the losses
caused by floods and droughts by the Centre which should
consider grant of special category status to Bihar to enable
it to invite private investment for economic development,
Stating that Bihar has immense potential for
industrialization, he said that the private investors will
invest their capital in the state if they were to get tax
concessions and pioneer economic activities in the state.
The Chief Minister said that the state has basic
requirements like raw materials, peaceful law and order
situation and adequate labour force and all it required was
private investment which will possible only if the Centre
accorded special category status.
He said that his government has put in place a
peaceful law and order atmosphere by reining in crime and
constructed infrastructure like road to prepare the ground
work for industrial development and all that he aspired for
was accordance of special category status by the centre to
take forward development saga of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP