Nitish again asks Centre for spl category status
Patna: Observing that Bihar has been
grappling with economic backwardness after being neglected by
the Central government over the years, Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar on Friday again urged the Centre to accord special category
status to give fillip to development activities in the state.
Bihar has not only been grappling with economic
backwardness over the years, but also facing natural
calamities like flood and drought that caused damage to
agriculture, Kumar said at a function in Siwan district
to wind up his three-day seva yatra.
The state should be duly compensated for the losses
caused by floods and droughts by the Centre which should
consider grant of special category status to Bihar to enable
it to invite private investment for economic development,
Stating that Bihar has immense potential for
industrialization, he said that the private investors will
invest their capital in the state if they were to get tax
concessions and pioneer economic activities in the state.
The Chief Minister said that the state has basic
requirements like raw materials, peaceful law and order
situation and adequate labour force and all it required was
private investment which will possible only if the Centre
accorded special category status.
He said that his government has put in place a
peaceful law and order atmosphere by reining in crime and
constructed infrastructure like road to prepare the ground
work for industrial development and all that he aspired for
was accordance of special category status by the centre to
take forward development saga of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof