Nitish for fast CBI probe into NTPC `kickbacks`
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday demanded the Centre order the CBI to ensure speedy probe into the alleged multi-crore rupees kickbacks paid by a Russian company in a NTPC project in the state.
"The Centre must ensure speedy inquiry into the alleged kickbacks in the Bihar NTPC project," Kumar told reporters here.
He said the erstwhile Atal Bihari Vajpayee government had gifted the project to Bihar because of untiring efforts by the state NDA leaders.
CBI is reported to have unearthed evidence of multi-crore rupees kicbacks by a Russian company to Indian agents to secure the supply of power equipment contract for the 1980MW thermal power project at Barh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf