Nitish for fast CBI probe into NTPC `kickbacks`
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday demanded the Centre order the CBI to ensure speedy probe into the alleged multi-crore rupees kickbacks paid by a Russian company in a NTPC project in the state.
"The Centre must ensure speedy inquiry into the alleged kickbacks in the Bihar NTPC project," Kumar told reporters here.
He said the erstwhile Atal Bihari Vajpayee government had gifted the project to Bihar because of untiring efforts by the state NDA leaders.
CBI is reported to have unearthed evidence of multi-crore rupees kicbacks by a Russian company to Indian agents to secure the supply of power equipment contract for the 1980MW thermal power project at Barh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday