Nitish for fast CBI probe into NTPC `kickbacks`
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday demanded the Centre order the CBI to ensure speedy probe into the alleged multi-crore rupees kickbacks paid by a Russian company in a NTPC project in the state.
"The Centre must ensure speedy inquiry into the alleged kickbacks in the Bihar NTPC project," Kumar told reporters here.
He said the erstwhile Atal Bihari Vajpayee government had gifted the project to Bihar because of untiring efforts by the state NDA leaders.
CBI is reported to have unearthed evidence of multi-crore rupees kicbacks by a Russian company to Indian agents to secure the supply of power equipment contract for the 1980MW thermal power project at Barh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!