Nitish for fast CBI probe into NTPC `kickbacks`
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Wednesday demanded the Centre order the CBI to ensure speedy probe into the alleged multi-crore rupees kickbacks paid by a Russian company in a NTPC project in the state.
"The Centre must ensure speedy inquiry into the alleged kickbacks in the Bihar NTPC project," Kumar told reporters here.
He said the erstwhile Atal Bihari Vajpayee government had gifted the project to Bihar because of untiring efforts by the state NDA leaders.
CBI is reported to have unearthed evidence of multi-crore rupees kicbacks by a Russian company to Indian agents to secure the supply of power equipment contract for the 1980MW thermal power project at Barh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- High-speed Spanish Talgo train begins trial run, to be introduced on Delhi-Mumbai route
- Want to improve your sex life? Ditch tampons for menstrual cups!
- Batla House encounter: BJP protests outside Sonia Gandhi's residence
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief
- Virat Kohli fails to breach 1000-run barrier but breaks Suresh Raina's IPL batting record