Nitish Kumar wasting money on wooing investors: Rabri
Patna: Accusing Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar of wasting tax payers` money to woo investors, his predecessor and RJD leader Rabri Devi today asked him to explain how much investment has come to the state during his rule.
The people of Bihar are entitled to know how much private investment has come to Bihar due to Kumar`s initiative over the years, she said.
Dismissing the Chief Minister`s visit to Mumbai to meet investors yesterday, the RJD leader said that he has wastefully spent crores of rupees over the years and hosted investors at high-end hotels across the country, but nothing concrete is to be seen on the ground.
A dozen sick sugar mills are yet to be revived in Bihar even as the Chief Minister`s tall claims of industrial growth with private investment has not seen the light of the day, the former chief minister said.
Rabri, who has taken over the RJD`s control since her husband and party supremo Lalu Prasad was jailed in the fodder scam last month, also slammed the JD(U) government for "corruption and deteriorating law and order situation" and said that the people have seen through the Chief Minister`s "false promises" about development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?