‘No more massacres in Arwal distt during NDA rule’
Arwal: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Wednesday said no single massacre has taken in Arwal district
since the NDA government took over power six years ago.
"I am glad with the prevailing peaceful situation in
Arwal district in which not a single incident of massacre has
taken place during the NDA rule in contrast to frequent
occurrence of such incidents earlier," he told a public
meeting at the Gandhi Maidan before winding up his two-day
seva yatra to the central Bihar district.
Kumar lauded the people of Arwal district for setting
aside their socio-economic prejudices to march on the path of
development and prosperity and said that his government was
committed to provide necessary infrastructure, particularly
irrigation facilities, to the farmers to tap vast
opportunities beckoning them in the farm sector.
"I understand that the farmers of Arwal district require
irrigation facilities to water their parched farmland," he
said, adding that his government was working hard to improve
irrigation infrastructure in the district.
"I meet people to hear their grievances and problems
during tours and try to resolve them by directing the
officials to do the needful," he said.
Kumar said during his ongoing seva yatra to the districts
he plans to visit remote areas where even the officials do not
visit to find out whether the fruits of development and
welfare schemes were reaching the intended beneficiaries.
He inaugurated 49 development projects and laid the
foundation stones for another 62 projects at a combined cost
of Rs. 67.25 crores on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3