No plan to shift from Madhepura Lok Sabha seat: Sharad Yadav
Saharsa: JD(U) President Sharad Yadav has rubbished reports that he was planning to shift to "safe" Nalanda seat from Madhepura for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
"Who says so? There is no truth in it," Yadav told reporters last evening when asked to comment on reports of his changing his parliamentary constituency.
"I will keep fighting elections from Madhepura constituency," the four-time MP from the Yadav-dominated seat, said before leaving for his constituency.
The report, he alleged, is a "part of a sinister campaign by BJP".
Some news reports had said Yadav might choose a "safe" seat like Nalanda, which is considered a pocket borough of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, for the coming general election instead of Madhepura.
The reports had also said that Yadav might opt for Rajya Sabha.
On the other hand rpt on the other hand former RJD MP Rajesh Ranjan, alias Pappu Yadav, who had been acquitted in the murder case of CPI-M leader Ajit Sarkar, has been saying that he would contest the Lok Sabha polls from Madhepura.
The JD(U) chief said he had been raising problems of backward Kosi region and would continue to do so in future too.
Yadav said he would take initiative after January 31 to bring Left and other regional parties on one platform against Congress and BJP. But, he did not identify the regional parties he would contact for the purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?