Opposition creates ruckus in Bihar Assembly
Patna: Main opposition RJD MLAs today
created a ruckus during zero hour in the state assembly
demanding payment of full salary of teachers working in
unaided schools in Bihar.
Soon after the speaker Uday Narayan Choudhary
rejected an adjournment motion brought by RJD MLA Abdul
Ghafoor, the agitated RJD members, waving placards, rose in
The agitated MLAs were demanding that the state
government start making full payment of salary to teachers of
unaided schools like the teachers of government schools.
They also demanded a change in the existing policy
about unaided school teachers.
Leader of opposition Abdul Bari Siddiqui expressed
serious concern over the state government allegedly
overlooking the problems facing the teachers.
State Water Resource Minister Vijay Kumar Choudhary
who was present in the house, objected to the manner in which
the opposition raised the issue. He accused the erstwhile RJD
and Congress governments of having discriminated against the
teachers of unaided schools.
Choudhary asserted that his government had made a
full fledged policy for making payment to teachers of unaided
He charged the opposition MLAs with creating uproar
and shouting slogans in the house for "their publicity".
Had they been serious about the issue, the
erstwhile governments should have implemented a policy about
payment of salary to the teachers, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list