Pak High Commissioner visits Khuda Baksh Library
Patna: Pakistan High Commissioner in India Salman Bashir on Thursday paid a visit to the Khuda Baksh Oriental Library and went through several rare Arabic and Persian manuscripts stored there.
Accompanied by his Deputy Babbar Amin, Bashir, who is on his first visit to Bihar, stayed for about 40 minutes in the Library and perused a large number of manuscripts and rare books.
"Bashir sifted through rare manuscripts like Tarikh-e-khandan-Timuriya, Diwan-e-Hafiz and Diwan-e-Kamran," Library`s Director Imtiaz Ahmad said.
"Tarikh-e-Khandan-Timuriya belongs to the Akbar era and carries the autograph of Shah Jahan," he said. The manuscript was inscribed in the UNESCO Memory of the World Register in 2011, the only Persian manuscript from SAARC countries to make it to the UNESCO, he added.
"Diwan-e-Hafiz contains the autographs of Mughal emperors while Diwan-e-Kamran has the autographs of Shah Jahan, Jehangir besides British emperor Edward the VIII," he said.
The Pakistani High Commissioner also went through different copies of the Quran and `Historia Sarcenica`, the bilingual Arabic and Latin text on the history of Arab, the Director said.
He said the Pakistani dignitaries were presented an album of medieval scientific instruments and also some recent publications of the Library.
The Khuda Baksh Oriental Library is one of the oldest libraries in the country. It has a unique collection of about 21,000 oriental manuscripts and 2.5 lakh printed books. This library was opened to public 1891 by the Bihar Maulavi Khuda Baksh Khan.
The Library was declared an Institute of National Importance 1969.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'