Panchayat elections not on party basis: Nitish
Patna: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday
said the elections to Panchayati Raj institutions and urban
bodies in Bihar cannot be held under party basis till 2012.
"It won`t be possible to hold the upcoming panchayat
elections as also poll to the urban bodies due in 2012 to take
place on a party-basis because of shortage of time," Kumar
told reporters here.
"We may think of holding the elections to panchayat and
urban bodies on a party-basis after 2012," Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley