Pandemonium in Bihar Assembly, Council over CAG report
Patna: Bihar Assembly and Council on Tuesday witnessed pandemonium over a CAG report on alleged irregularities in Abstract Contingency (AC) and Detailed Contingency (DC) bills by the state government, with the Opposition demanding a CBI probe into it.
Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari Siddique raised the issue soon after the Assembly proceedings began and accused the state government of committing "scam" of Rs 18,797.90 crore in AC/DC bills, demanding a CBI probe into it.
He urged Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary to admit an adjournment motion to discuss the alleged irregularities.
Chaudhury, however, rejected the demand prompting RJD, Congress, LJP and CPI(M) MLAs to troop into the Well of the House.
They raised slogans against the government which the Speaker ordered to be expunged from the proceedings of the House and asked them to take their seats, but to no avail.
The ruckus by the Opposition prevented the House from taking up any business for about half an hour. The House also witnessed sharp exchange of words between the treasury and opposition members and ruling party members prevented Siddique from speaking on the issue.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was present in the House during the opposition members` protests.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and Water Resources Department Minister Vijay Kumar Chaudhary sought to clarify the state government`s take on the AC/DC bills saying it was `unfair` to describe as scam the routine withdrawal from treasury in the form of AC bills and settlement through DC bills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened