Pandemonium in Bihar Assembly, Council over CAG report
Patna: Bihar Assembly and Council on Tuesday witnessed pandemonium over a CAG report on alleged irregularities in Abstract Contingency (AC) and Detailed Contingency (DC) bills by the state government, with the Opposition demanding a CBI probe into it.
Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari Siddique raised the issue soon after the Assembly proceedings began and accused the state government of committing "scam" of Rs 18,797.90 crore in AC/DC bills, demanding a CBI probe into it.
He urged Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary to admit an adjournment motion to discuss the alleged irregularities.
Chaudhury, however, rejected the demand prompting RJD, Congress, LJP and CPI(M) MLAs to troop into the Well of the House.
They raised slogans against the government which the Speaker ordered to be expunged from the proceedings of the House and asked them to take their seats, but to no avail.
The ruckus by the Opposition prevented the House from taking up any business for about half an hour. The House also witnessed sharp exchange of words between the treasury and opposition members and ruling party members prevented Siddique from speaking on the issue.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was present in the House during the opposition members` protests.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and Water Resources Department Minister Vijay Kumar Chaudhary sought to clarify the state government`s take on the AC/DC bills saying it was `unfair` to describe as scam the routine withdrawal from treasury in the form of AC bills and settlement through DC bills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- China's finance minister sees Brexit heightening uncertainty for markets
- China tornado, hailstorm toll rises to 99, at least 840 injured
- David Headley liked Osama's theory on women!
- Modi's stern warning to tax evaders: Comply by Sept 30 or get ready to face harsh measures
- WATCH: ROCKSTAR! Virat Kohli steals the show in Premier Futsal League anthem