Pandemonium in Bihar Assembly, Council over CAG report
Patna: Bihar Assembly and Council on Tuesday witnessed pandemonium over a CAG report on alleged irregularities in Abstract Contingency (AC) and Detailed Contingency (DC) bills by the state government, with the Opposition demanding a CBI probe into it.
Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari Siddique raised the issue soon after the Assembly proceedings began and accused the state government of committing "scam" of Rs 18,797.90 crore in AC/DC bills, demanding a CBI probe into it.
He urged Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary to admit an adjournment motion to discuss the alleged irregularities.
Chaudhury, however, rejected the demand prompting RJD, Congress, LJP and CPI(M) MLAs to troop into the Well of the House.
They raised slogans against the government which the Speaker ordered to be expunged from the proceedings of the House and asked them to take their seats, but to no avail.
The ruckus by the Opposition prevented the House from taking up any business for about half an hour. The House also witnessed sharp exchange of words between the treasury and opposition members and ruling party members prevented Siddique from speaking on the issue.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was present in the House during the opposition members` protests.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and Water Resources Department Minister Vijay Kumar Chaudhary sought to clarify the state government`s take on the AC/DC bills saying it was `unfair` to describe as scam the routine withdrawal from treasury in the form of AC bills and settlement through DC bills.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...