‘Politicians are better than activists’
Patna: Family members of Dinesh Yadav, who died a few days after he set himself ablaze in Delhi to support anti-graft campaigner Anna Hazare, finds politicians or leaders better than civil society groups.
Bihar state Bharatiya Janata Party president CP Thakur`s visit to Sarfuddinpur, Yadav`s village 45 km from Patna, has not gone unnoticed. Equally conspicuous is the absence of a visit by any member of India Against Corruption.
“CP Thakur not only assured all possible help to us, but also demanded a government job for Dinesh’s widow, Malmatiya Devi," Binda Yadav, Dinesh`s father, said on phone. "It will be a big relief if the government gives her a job."
Binda said that politicians from various parties had visited them in last few days and promised help to them.
“I was disappointed that neither Anna Hazare nor his team members called us to inquire after Dinesh died," Binda said. "He sacrificed his life for their campaign.”
He felt that Hazare and his team members had forgotten a real hero. “All of them are silent to date," he said. "It is unfortunate.”
Former union minister Thakur has written to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, demanding for Dinesh`s widow a government job, a house under the Indira Awas Yojna, and free education for his children.
Fellow villager Gauri Shankar Singh said Anna Hazare and his team may have forgotten Dinesh but at least political leaders had been showing good faith through assurances to his family.
Dinesh, who was the sole bread winner in his family, left behind his grandmother, parents, wife and five children.
Yadav shouted pro-Anna Hazare slogans, doused himself with petrol and set himself ablaze near Rajghat in New Delhi on August 23. He sustained 70-80 percent burns and died in hospital on August 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof