Rabri Devi richer than husband Lalu Yadav
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad has no
immovable assets but Rabri Devi, his wife who is also former Bihar chief minister, has over Rs 1.41 crore in terms of landed property.
Rabri Devi also surpasses her husband in terms of bank
balance with her deposits in banks, financial institutions and
non-banking financial companies at a little over Rs 57 lakh,
according to affidavits filed by Rabri Devi along with her
nomination paper for Sonepur and Raghopur assembly seats in
Along with her PPF account which has a deposit of
10,41,355, she is obviously richer than her husband as Prasad
has just 17.92lakh, including PPF of Rs 8.03 lakh.
The affidavits said Rabri Devi has agricultural land
worth over Rs 1.07 crore and non-agricultural land worth Rs
31.15 lakh, besides commercial residential building worth Rs
Prasad on the other hand does not have agricultural land
but a building, which has present market of value of Rs 22
Rabri Devi, who along with Prasad was an accused in a
disproportionate assets case, an off-shoot of the
multi-crore rupees fodder scam but was acquitted, possesses
60 cows and 42 calves worth Rs 17.18 lakh, the affidavits
Lalu has a 1990 model Maruti 800 worth Rs 25,000 and a
military disposal jeep purchased in 1977, when he became a Lok
Sabha member for the first time, valued at Rs 20,000.
The RJD chief has jewellery and precious stones worth
about Rs 81,600 and his wife approximately Rs 7.62 lakh.
The duo`s National Saving Certificates with the combined
face value of Rs two lakh have not been renewed as those have
been seized by the CBI, investigating the fodder scam cases,
the affidavits added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'