Rabri Devi richer than husband Lalu Yadav
Patna: RJD chief Lalu Prasad has no
immovable assets but Rabri Devi, his wife who is also former Bihar chief minister, has over Rs 1.41 crore in terms of landed property.
Rabri Devi also surpasses her husband in terms of bank
balance with her deposits in banks, financial institutions and
non-banking financial companies at a little over Rs 57 lakh,
according to affidavits filed by Rabri Devi along with her
nomination paper for Sonepur and Raghopur assembly seats in
Along with her PPF account which has a deposit of
10,41,355, she is obviously richer than her husband as Prasad
has just 17.92lakh, including PPF of Rs 8.03 lakh.
The affidavits said Rabri Devi has agricultural land
worth over Rs 1.07 crore and non-agricultural land worth Rs
31.15 lakh, besides commercial residential building worth Rs
Prasad on the other hand does not have agricultural land
but a building, which has present market of value of Rs 22
Rabri Devi, who along with Prasad was an accused in a
disproportionate assets case, an off-shoot of the
multi-crore rupees fodder scam but was acquitted, possesses
60 cows and 42 calves worth Rs 17.18 lakh, the affidavits
Lalu has a 1990 model Maruti 800 worth Rs 25,000 and a
military disposal jeep purchased in 1977, when he became a Lok
Sabha member for the first time, valued at Rs 20,000.
The RJD chief has jewellery and precious stones worth
about Rs 81,600 and his wife approximately Rs 7.62 lakh.
The duo`s National Saving Certificates with the combined
face value of Rs two lakh have not been renewed as those have
been seized by the CBI, investigating the fodder scam cases,
the affidavits added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Bihar flood toll rises to 22; 17 lakh people in 10 districts affected
- VIDEO! History-maker Kusal Mendis hits six to complete his century against Australia
- ISRO rocket launch postponed in wake of missing IAF aircraft search!
- What a talent! 'Kar chale hum fida' patriotic song by this street singer will give you goosebumps - WATCH
- Migrant arrivals inch up after failed Turkey coup: Greece