Realtor Anil Kumar Sharma booked in murder case, probe on
Lakhisarai/Patna: A former secretary of an educational trust was shot dead, following which an FIR has been lodged against seven persons including real estate baron Anil Kumar Sharma in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district, police said on Monday.
Sharad Chandra Kumar, former secretary of Balika Vidyapeeth Trust, was shot dead by two unidentified persons on Saturday after which an FIR was filed by his wife Usha Sharma.
"We have arrested one of the seven accused persons and raids are being carried out in Lakhisarai and Patna districts to nab other accused persons named in the said murder case," Superintendent of Police of Lakhisarai Ashok Kumar told over phone from Lakhisarai.
"We have simultaneously launched a massive manhunt for arrest of two unidentified shooters who committed the crime in order to find out motive behind the murder case," the SP said.
Kumar said that a seven-member investigation team has been constituted with the Town Police Station`s Officer In-Charge (OIC) Manoj Kumar as the Investigating Officer (IO) to probe the case.
Refusing to share specific lead in the case, he said that the police will be able to move in the right direction only after the two shooters are arrested.
Chandra had served as the secretary of Balika Vidyapeeth Trust for 20 years before being succeeded in that post by Anil Sharma five years ago.
Meanwhile, Anil Sharma the Chief Managing Director of Amrapali group has rubbished the murder slur on him saying he has been "falsely framed" in the murder case and the allegations of conspiracy against him were "completely false and ill-motivated."
"I have resigned from the trusteeship of the Balika Vidhya Peeth Trust and also from its official position on March 9 last itself and since thereafter I in no manner related to the affairs of Balika Vidyapeeth," Sharma has said in a statement.
"I have been falsely framed and the allegations of conspiracy against me in the murder case of Sharad Chandra Kumar are completely false and ill-motivated," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP