Realtor Anil Kumar Sharma booked in murder case, probe on
Lakhisarai/Patna: A former secretary of an educational trust was shot dead, following which an FIR has been lodged against seven persons including real estate baron Anil Kumar Sharma in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district, police said on Monday.
Sharad Chandra Kumar, former secretary of Balika Vidyapeeth Trust, was shot dead by two unidentified persons on Saturday after which an FIR was filed by his wife Usha Sharma.
"We have arrested one of the seven accused persons and raids are being carried out in Lakhisarai and Patna districts to nab other accused persons named in the said murder case," Superintendent of Police of Lakhisarai Ashok Kumar told over phone from Lakhisarai.
"We have simultaneously launched a massive manhunt for arrest of two unidentified shooters who committed the crime in order to find out motive behind the murder case," the SP said.
Kumar said that a seven-member investigation team has been constituted with the Town Police Station`s Officer In-Charge (OIC) Manoj Kumar as the Investigating Officer (IO) to probe the case.
Refusing to share specific lead in the case, he said that the police will be able to move in the right direction only after the two shooters are arrested.
Chandra had served as the secretary of Balika Vidyapeeth Trust for 20 years before being succeeded in that post by Anil Sharma five years ago.
Meanwhile, Anil Sharma the Chief Managing Director of Amrapali group has rubbished the murder slur on him saying he has been "falsely framed" in the murder case and the allegations of conspiracy against him were "completely false and ill-motivated."
"I have resigned from the trusteeship of the Balika Vidhya Peeth Trust and also from its official position on March 9 last itself and since thereafter I in no manner related to the affairs of Balika Vidyapeeth," Sharma has said in a statement.
"I have been falsely framed and the allegations of conspiracy against me in the murder case of Sharad Chandra Kumar are completely false and ill-motivated," he said.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Seer Trikal Bhavanta, who threatened to take 'samadhi' during Simhastha Kumbh, arrested
- VIDEO: That's huge! Watch 11 biggest sixes in Indian Premier League history ever
- Uttarakhand political crisis: BJP offered Rs 50 crore, party tickets and RS seats to Congress MLAs?
- Supreme Court reserves order on conduct of NEET or AIPMT for medical colleges' admission
- IRNSS-1G launch: PM Modi lauds ISRO, says it's a great gift to people of India from scientists