RJD attacks Nitish government
Patna: Former Bihar chief minister Rabri Devi on Thursday made a scathing attack on Chief Minister Nitish Kumar for keeping the Winter Session of both Houses of Legislature `small`, as an RJD MLA created a funny scene by distributing burnout grain due to water crisis.
Rabri Devi, wife of RJD president Lalu Prasad, who became an MLC recently after losing the 2010 Assembly Elections, while assailing the NDA government, told reporters outside Legislative Council that despite a brief session her party would corner the government on important issues like rise in crime and corruption.
On the report card-2012 presented by the CM recently to highlight achievements of his government during the year, she trashed it as an "useless document".
Countering Rabri, state minister Giriraj Singh said the Opposition has no issue against the government and that was why its leader was making "baseless" allegations.
"She comes to House only on the first day and then vanishes like a blue night moon...This shows her seriousness," the BJP leader told reporters outside the Council.
In the Assembly, a RJD member Dinesh Kumar Singh created a funny scene outside by keeping sift of burnout grains on his head and distributing a piece out of the bundle to members entering the House to blame the government for damage to grains due to failure of the Nitish Kumar government to make available water.
After condolence, both the Houses of state Legislature were adjourned for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan