RJD stages dharna to highlight Bihar govt`s failure
Patna: Opposition RJD on Sunday staged a
day-long dharna in the state capital here to protest against
the alleged failures of the NDA-led Bihar government on all
fronts during its second term.
Hundreds of RJD leaders and workers from across the
state sat on a dharna at Kargil chowk near Gandhi Maidan,
holding banners and posters to highlight the government`s
failures on various fronts.
The party`s top leaders including Bihar RJD President
Ram Chandra Purve, Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari Siddique,
Shakeel Ahmed Khan and Ram Kripal Yadav addressed party
workers and exhorted them to gear up for the battles ahead.
RJD leaders charged the NDA government with failing to
provide basic amenities like water and electricity to the
people despite making tall promises.
Flaying the state government for deterioration in the
law and order situation, they claimed there was a spate in
crimes including kidnapping, murder, bank robbery and
atrocities against women in recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical