RJD stages dharna to highlight Bihar govt`s failure
Patna: Opposition RJD on Sunday staged a
day-long dharna in the state capital here to protest against
the alleged failures of the NDA-led Bihar government on all
fronts during its second term.
Hundreds of RJD leaders and workers from across the
state sat on a dharna at Kargil chowk near Gandhi Maidan,
holding banners and posters to highlight the government`s
failures on various fronts.
The party`s top leaders including Bihar RJD President
Ram Chandra Purve, Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari Siddique,
Shakeel Ahmed Khan and Ram Kripal Yadav addressed party
workers and exhorted them to gear up for the battles ahead.
RJD leaders charged the NDA government with failing to
provide basic amenities like water and electricity to the
people despite making tall promises.
Flaying the state government for deterioration in the
law and order situation, they claimed there was a spate in
crimes including kidnapping, murder, bank robbery and
atrocities against women in recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145