RJD stages dharna to highlight Bihar govt`s failure
Patna: Opposition RJD on Sunday staged a
day-long dharna in the state capital here to protest against
the alleged failures of the NDA-led Bihar government on all
fronts during its second term.
Hundreds of RJD leaders and workers from across the
state sat on a dharna at Kargil chowk near Gandhi Maidan,
holding banners and posters to highlight the government`s
failures on various fronts.
The party`s top leaders including Bihar RJD President
Ram Chandra Purve, Leader of Opposition Abdul Bari Siddique,
Shakeel Ahmed Khan and Ram Kripal Yadav addressed party
workers and exhorted them to gear up for the battles ahead.
RJD leaders charged the NDA government with failing to
provide basic amenities like water and electricity to the
people despite making tall promises.
Flaying the state government for deterioration in the
law and order situation, they claimed there was a spate in
crimes including kidnapping, murder, bank robbery and
atrocities against women in recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof