Sexual harassment case: Warden, guard of childcare home arrested
Muzaffarpur: A woman warden and a woman guard of a government childcare home here were on Thursday arrested for colluding with a youth for sexually harassing a 17-year-old inmate.
Inspector General of Police (weaker section) Arvind Pandey told in Patna that an FIR was lodged against the warden and the guard with the women police station here, following which they were arrested.
As per the girl`s complaint, the youth had wanted to marry her and sexually harassed her with their help when she refused him.
She had gone missing from the home on September 28 and was found outside Darbhanga railway station by GRP the next day. The GRP later handed her to Darbhanga childline.
She was sent back to Muzaffarpur child welfare committee subsequently on October 30 and was found pregnant after tests a day after.
The committee wrote a letter to the state chief secretary on November 12, along with the reports of the medical tests done on the girl, and district magistrate Saurav Kumar ordered a magisterial inquiry into the incident.
A team of state women commission members visited the girl here during the day and also discussed with the district administration.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India