Sexual harassment case: Warden, guard of childcare home arrested
Muzaffarpur: A woman warden and a woman guard of a government childcare home here were on Thursday arrested for colluding with a youth for sexually harassing a 17-year-old inmate.
Inspector General of Police (weaker section) Arvind Pandey told in Patna that an FIR was lodged against the warden and the guard with the women police station here, following which they were arrested.
As per the girl`s complaint, the youth had wanted to marry her and sexually harassed her with their help when she refused him.
She had gone missing from the home on September 28 and was found outside Darbhanga railway station by GRP the next day. The GRP later handed her to Darbhanga childline.
She was sent back to Muzaffarpur child welfare committee subsequently on October 30 and was found pregnant after tests a day after.
The committee wrote a letter to the state chief secretary on November 12, along with the reports of the medical tests done on the girl, and district magistrate Saurav Kumar ordered a magisterial inquiry into the incident.
A team of state women commission members visited the girl here during the day and also discussed with the district administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bodoland groups to relaunch statehood agitation next week
- Claudio Bravo joins Manchester City as Joe Hart`s replacement
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener