Sexual harassment case: Warden, guard of childcare home arrested
Muzaffarpur: A woman warden and a woman guard of a government childcare home here were on Thursday arrested for colluding with a youth for sexually harassing a 17-year-old inmate.
Inspector General of Police (weaker section) Arvind Pandey told in Patna that an FIR was lodged against the warden and the guard with the women police station here, following which they were arrested.
As per the girl`s complaint, the youth had wanted to marry her and sexually harassed her with their help when she refused him.
She had gone missing from the home on September 28 and was found outside Darbhanga railway station by GRP the next day. The GRP later handed her to Darbhanga childline.
She was sent back to Muzaffarpur child welfare committee subsequently on October 30 and was found pregnant after tests a day after.
The committee wrote a letter to the state chief secretary on November 12, along with the reports of the medical tests done on the girl, and district magistrate Saurav Kumar ordered a magisterial inquiry into the incident.
A team of state women commission members visited the girl here during the day and also discussed with the district administration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble