Special status must for Bihar development: Nitish
Nawada: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday reiterated his demand for grant of special status to Bihar to boost development activities in the state.
Addressing a public meeting at the Harishchandra Stadium in Bihar`s Nawada district during `Adhikar Yatra`, he said that the special status was required to bring about industrial development in the state for generation of employment opportunities.
The youths will not have to migrate to other states if there were employment opportunities available for them in their own state and it will be possible only if the Centre grants special status to Bihar to tap private investment for industrial development, Kumar said.
Referring to development requirements of Nawada district, he noted that the district has been hit by drought over the years and in order to mitigate the woes of the farmers the state government has proposed to inter-link Nasa and Sakri rivers to irrigate farmland.
Referring to protests during his `Adhikar yatra` in the districts, the Chief Minister yet again accused his political rivals for creating disturbances during his public meetings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan