Special status must for Bihar development: Nitish
Nawada: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday reiterated his demand for grant of special status to Bihar to boost development activities in the state.
Addressing a public meeting at the Harishchandra Stadium in Bihar`s Nawada district during `Adhikar Yatra`, he said that the special status was required to bring about industrial development in the state for generation of employment opportunities.
The youths will not have to migrate to other states if there were employment opportunities available for them in their own state and it will be possible only if the Centre grants special status to Bihar to tap private investment for industrial development, Kumar said.
Referring to development requirements of Nawada district, he noted that the district has been hit by drought over the years and in order to mitigate the woes of the farmers the state government has proposed to inter-link Nasa and Sakri rivers to irrigate farmland.
Referring to protests during his `Adhikar yatra` in the districts, the Chief Minister yet again accused his political rivals for creating disturbances during his public meetings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!