Special status must for Bihar development: Nitish
Nawada: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday reiterated his demand for grant of special status to Bihar to boost development activities in the state.
Addressing a public meeting at the Harishchandra Stadium in Bihar`s Nawada district during `Adhikar Yatra`, he said that the special status was required to bring about industrial development in the state for generation of employment opportunities.
The youths will not have to migrate to other states if there were employment opportunities available for them in their own state and it will be possible only if the Centre grants special status to Bihar to tap private investment for industrial development, Kumar said.
Referring to development requirements of Nawada district, he noted that the district has been hit by drought over the years and in order to mitigate the woes of the farmers the state government has proposed to inter-link Nasa and Sakri rivers to irrigate farmland.
Referring to protests during his `Adhikar yatra` in the districts, the Chief Minister yet again accused his political rivals for creating disturbances during his public meetings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...