Steps to protect SC/ST people from atrocity: Nitis
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday said all steps were being taken to ensure that people belonging to scheduled caste and tribe were not subjected to any atrocity.
"We are firm in our resolve to rein in atrocities on
SC/ST people. We have taken all steps to ensure that they do
not face any atrocity," Kumar told a meeting held to review
state-wide vigil and monitoring of cases under Prevention of
SC/ST Atrocity Act here.
"If a matter is reported, police should take immediate
and effective steps so that a speedy trial is possible for the
conviction of the perpetrators," he said.
He asked the officials of Revenue and Land Reform department to effectively review distribution of government land to the SC/ST beneficiaries and ensure that no no
injustice was done.
Stating that there was proposal to set up one SC/ST
police station in every district by the end of current fiscal,
he said now ten such police stations were in operation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India