Steps to protect SC/ST people from atrocity: Nitis
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday said all steps were being taken to ensure that people belonging to scheduled caste and tribe were not subjected to any atrocity.
"We are firm in our resolve to rein in atrocities on
SC/ST people. We have taken all steps to ensure that they do
not face any atrocity," Kumar told a meeting held to review
state-wide vigil and monitoring of cases under Prevention of
SC/ST Atrocity Act here.
"If a matter is reported, police should take immediate
and effective steps so that a speedy trial is possible for the
conviction of the perpetrators," he said.
He asked the officials of Revenue and Land Reform department to effectively review distribution of government land to the SC/ST beneficiaries and ensure that no no
injustice was done.
Stating that there was proposal to set up one SC/ST
police station in every district by the end of current fiscal,
he said now ten such police stations were in operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics