Steps to protect SC/ST people from atrocity: Nitis
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday said all steps were being taken to ensure that people belonging to scheduled caste and tribe were not subjected to any atrocity.
"We are firm in our resolve to rein in atrocities on
SC/ST people. We have taken all steps to ensure that they do
not face any atrocity," Kumar told a meeting held to review
state-wide vigil and monitoring of cases under Prevention of
SC/ST Atrocity Act here.
"If a matter is reported, police should take immediate
and effective steps so that a speedy trial is possible for the
conviction of the perpetrators," he said.
He asked the officials of Revenue and Land Reform department to effectively review distribution of government land to the SC/ST beneficiaries and ensure that no no
injustice was done.
Stating that there was proposal to set up one SC/ST
police station in every district by the end of current fiscal,
he said now ten such police stations were in operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown