Steps to protect SC/ST people from atrocity: Nitis
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday said all steps were being taken to ensure that people belonging to scheduled caste and tribe were not subjected to any atrocity.
"We are firm in our resolve to rein in atrocities on
SC/ST people. We have taken all steps to ensure that they do
not face any atrocity," Kumar told a meeting held to review
state-wide vigil and monitoring of cases under Prevention of
SC/ST Atrocity Act here.
"If a matter is reported, police should take immediate
and effective steps so that a speedy trial is possible for the
conviction of the perpetrators," he said.
He asked the officials of Revenue and Land Reform department to effectively review distribution of government land to the SC/ST beneficiaries and ensure that no no
injustice was done.
Stating that there was proposal to set up one SC/ST
police station in every district by the end of current fiscal,
he said now ten such police stations were in operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon