Third front an absurd idea: Lalu Prasad
Ranchi: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Thursday belittled the move to form a Third Front, saying the "absurd" idea is sailing in Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s "sinking" boat.
"It`s absurd. Nitish Kumar is no factor and no one wants to sail in a sinking boat," Prasad told reporters when asked about the non-BJP and non-Congress parties yesterday joining hands on Parliamentary agenda.
"The people of Bihar have rejected the mis-governance of Nitish Kumar," he claimed. "Nitish Kumar is the friend of BJP and it was evident when he said he had not parted with the BJP, but the BJP had walked out of the alliance. This is his face," said Prasad.
Accusing BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi of being a threat to the unity of the nation, Prasad claimed he had buried "communal forces" during his regime.
"I am again ready to bury communal forces," he said. Lalu, who came here to appear in a fodder case tomorrow, but the date was cancelled following a vacant court, reiterated that he was a victim of `conspiracy` in the fodder scam.
"Lord Krishna was in jail and I am his descendant. I don`t fear jail... I am victim of conspiracy in the fodder scam... the people are with me," claimed the former Bihar chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS