Third front an absurd idea: Lalu Prasad
Ranchi: RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Thursday belittled the move to form a Third Front, saying the "absurd" idea is sailing in Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s "sinking" boat.
"It`s absurd. Nitish Kumar is no factor and no one wants to sail in a sinking boat," Prasad told reporters when asked about the non-BJP and non-Congress parties yesterday joining hands on Parliamentary agenda.
"The people of Bihar have rejected the mis-governance of Nitish Kumar," he claimed. "Nitish Kumar is the friend of BJP and it was evident when he said he had not parted with the BJP, but the BJP had walked out of the alliance. This is his face," said Prasad.
Accusing BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi of being a threat to the unity of the nation, Prasad claimed he had buried "communal forces" during his regime.
"I am again ready to bury communal forces," he said. Lalu, who came here to appear in a fodder case tomorrow, but the date was cancelled following a vacant court, reiterated that he was a victim of `conspiracy` in the fodder scam.
"Lord Krishna was in jail and I am his descendant. I don`t fear jail... I am victim of conspiracy in the fodder scam... the people are with me," claimed the former Bihar chief minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption