Three dead, 4 ill after consuming contaminated sattu in Bihar
Hajipur: Three members of a family died and four others were taken ill after they consumed contaminated liquid sattu (gram flour) at Vikrampurin in Vaishali district, police said Friday.
The incident occurred when seven members of a family consumed liquid sattu accidentally mixed with hair dye powder by a woman who had perceived it to be black salt yesterday.
All the seven persons were rushed to a private hospital where they were referred to the Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) at the state capital.
While being taken to the PMCH, three women identified as Manju Devi (60), Lalo Devi (55) and Suman Devi (35) died.
The condition of the rest four persons was stated to be critical, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know