Three Maoists arrested, explosives recovered in Bihar
Patna: The Bihar police on Thursday arrested three hardcore Maoists and recovered
a huge quantity of explosives, including 5,000 bullets, 65 grenades and 12 pistols, in Gaya district, police said.
Acting on a tip off, a joint team of the district police and the Special Task Force (STF) raided Baratand village near Banka Bazaar in Gaya and arrested three Maoists and recovered a large quantity of explosives, Gaya Superintendent of Police Nishant Kumar Tiwari said.
According to police officials, besides bullets, grenades and pistols, they also recovered material used for making Improvised Explosive Devices (IED).
The state police, along with the STF and the central paramilitary forces, has intensified combing operations against Maoists in Gaya.
Gaya, 100 km from here, is considered a Maoist stronghold.
Last week, a joint team of the state police and the Central Reserve Police Force had seized a large quantity of explosives from a Maoist hideout in a forest in state`s Jamui district.
They seized about 100 kg ammonium nitrate contained in three sacks, nine LPG cylinders, two IEDs, and two packets of Powergel -- a range of explosive products used by the mining industry around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city