Two acquitted in SP murder case in Bihar
Munger (Bihar): A local court on Tuesday acquitted two persons, accused in the killing of the then
Munger Superintendent of Police KC Surendra Babu and five
policemen in a landmine blast in 2005.
Additional District and Sessions Judge (first)
Premdarshan Singh Diwakar acquitted Mangal Rai and Bhola
Thakur in the absence of evidences against them.
Those acquitted by the court are the residents of
adjoining Jammui district.
The landmine explosion claimed lives of the SP and
five policemen on January 5, 2005 at Bheemban locality of
Maoist affected Munger district.
The same court had earlier acquitted Raj Kumar Das,
one of the 14 accused in the landmine blast case.
The then Station House officer (SHO) of Kharagpur
police station, Shiv Prasad Singh had registered an FIR against
14 with the local police station stating that he had seen them
escaping from the site of land mine blast. However, not all
them were arrested as yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state