Two acquitted in SP murder case in Bihar
Munger (Bihar): A local court on Tuesday acquitted two persons, accused in the killing of the then
Munger Superintendent of Police KC Surendra Babu and five
policemen in a landmine blast in 2005.
Additional District and Sessions Judge (first)
Premdarshan Singh Diwakar acquitted Mangal Rai and Bhola
Thakur in the absence of evidences against them.
Those acquitted by the court are the residents of
adjoining Jammui district.
The landmine explosion claimed lives of the SP and
five policemen on January 5, 2005 at Bheemban locality of
Maoist affected Munger district.
The same court had earlier acquitted Raj Kumar Das,
one of the 14 accused in the landmine blast case.
The then Station House officer (SHO) of Kharagpur
police station, Shiv Prasad Singh had registered an FIR against
14 with the local police station stating that he had seen them
escaping from the site of land mine blast. However, not all
them were arrested as yet.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know