Two acquitted in SP murder case in Bihar
Munger (Bihar): A local court on Tuesday acquitted two persons, accused in the killing of the then
Munger Superintendent of Police KC Surendra Babu and five
policemen in a landmine blast in 2005.
Additional District and Sessions Judge (first)
Premdarshan Singh Diwakar acquitted Mangal Rai and Bhola
Thakur in the absence of evidences against them.
Those acquitted by the court are the residents of
adjoining Jammui district.
The landmine explosion claimed lives of the SP and
five policemen on January 5, 2005 at Bheemban locality of
Maoist affected Munger district.
The same court had earlier acquitted Raj Kumar Das,
one of the 14 accused in the landmine blast case.
The then Station House officer (SHO) of Kharagpur
police station, Shiv Prasad Singh had registered an FIR against
14 with the local police station stating that he had seen them
escaping from the site of land mine blast. However, not all
them were arrested as yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional