Two die in violence during idol immersion in Bihar
Patna: Two people were killed and about three dozen injured in violence during idol immersion in different parts of Bihar, police said on Thursday.
Violence took place during idol immersion after Saraswati Puja in Bihar on Wednesday.
A woman was among two people who were killed in the violence related to idol immersion in Purnea and Madhepura districts.
Vijay Shah alias Munna, in his mid 30s, was stoned to death following an altercation that ensued after he requested the puja revellers to reduce the volume of the loudspeaker in Tikapur village in Purnea on Wednesday.
"Shah was killed after he objected to loud music being played on the public address system," said Amarendra Kumar Amar, a police official.
An FIR has been lodged against three people by victim`s wife Anita Devi.
Phuldai Devi, in her 40s, was killed in Dubiyahi village in Madhepura when a bullet hit her during firing between two groups over a dispute related to idol immersion.
"She was killed while she was going to sell bangles in a market," a police official said.
In Saharsa district, at least 18 people were injured in a clash between two groups.
Saharsa Superintendent of Police Sunil Nayak said that two groups of people were injured after they attacked each other in Telva village. Some of the injured were hospitalised.
Another clash took place in Araria district.
In Banka, two group of people pelted stones after dispute over the route of idol immersion in Khaira village. Half a dozen people were injured.
In state capital Patna, two group of students clashed.
At least five students were seriously injured.
Patna Senior Superintendent of Police Manu Maharaj said that action will be taken.
Police have also detained 40 students.
Some students attacked rival students with iron rods, hockey sticks and reportedly exploded a country made bomb to create terror.
Half a dozen police officials were also injured when students pelted stones at the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch