Vashist Narayan Singh all set to be re-elected as Bihar JD(U) prez
Patna: Senior JD(U) leader Vashist Narayan Singh is all set to be re-elected as Bihar unit president of the party for the second consecutive term.
Singh, JD(U) Rajya Sabha member, was the lone candidate to file nomination for the post on Sunday, party election officer Gyanendra Kumar Singh Gyanu told reporters here.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar was present in the party office during the filing of nomination.
Kumar is among the proposer of the name of Singh for the post of party state president.
The party election officer said that the name of the new Bihar JD(U) President would be announced in the party`s state council here tomorrow.
Gyanu said that till the end of filing of nomination this evening, Singh`s papers have been found valid after scrutiny and no other nomination has been filed by anybody.
A product of 1974 JP movement, Singh has been a close supporter of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
He had taken reign of the party from Vijay Chaudhary, who had become minister in the NDA government of the state after re-election in 2010 Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’