Agnivesh attacked by protesters in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Alleged members of Salwa Judum on Saturday
threw eggs at the vehicles carrying Swami Agnivesh and other
social activists who were visiting Dantewada district of
Chhattisgarh on Saturday to inquire into burning of tribals` houses.
R Prasanna, the district collector, said to a news agency that
Agnivesh and others were heading for Tadmetla when they faced
the protesting Salwa Judum activists in Doranpal village.
Salwa Judum activists, including a large number of women,
allegedly threw eggs and tomatoes at their vehicles, he said.
Agnivesh and others were unhurt and they had been
provided with security, he said.
Agnivesh later issued a statement, saying that he did not
blame the villagers for the incident, as they too had been
victims of violence, and he had sympathy for them.
Fire had broken out at Tadmetla on March 12, in which
houses were gutted, and local tribal community alleged that
security forces were behind it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister