Agreement on collector ‘historic’: Raman Singh
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Monday termed as "historic" the agreement reached between the state government and the Maoist-nominated mediators to secure the safe release of Sukma District Collector Alex Paul Menon within 48 hours.
"This is the result of hard work of all the four mediators", he said.
"Today`s agreement is a historic step towards peace and development in future", the Chief Minister said, adding "we are waiting for the safe return of the Collector in the next 48 hours".
The accord to ensure the safe return of the Collector, who was abducted by Maoists on April 21, on or before May 2 was initialled by the two mediators each of the Chhattisgarh government and the Maoists at their fourth round of talks yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP