Agreement on collector ‘historic’: Raman Singh
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Monday termed as "historic" the agreement reached between the state government and the Maoist-nominated mediators to secure the safe release of Sukma District Collector Alex Paul Menon within 48 hours.
"This is the result of hard work of all the four mediators", he said.
"Today`s agreement is a historic step towards peace and development in future", the Chief Minister said, adding "we are waiting for the safe return of the Collector in the next 48 hours".
The accord to ensure the safe return of the Collector, who was abducted by Maoists on April 21, on or before May 2 was initialled by the two mediators each of the Chhattisgarh government and the Maoists at their fourth round of talks yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back