Agreement on collector ‘historic’: Raman Singh
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Monday termed as "historic" the agreement reached between the state government and the Maoist-nominated mediators to secure the safe release of Sukma District Collector Alex Paul Menon within 48 hours.
"This is the result of hard work of all the four mediators", he said.
"Today`s agreement is a historic step towards peace and development in future", the Chief Minister said, adding "we are waiting for the safe return of the Collector in the next 48 hours".
The accord to ensure the safe return of the Collector, who was abducted by Maoists on April 21, on or before May 2 was initialled by the two mediators each of the Chhattisgarh government and the Maoists at their fourth round of talks yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands