Agreement on collector ‘historic’: Raman Singh
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Monday termed as "historic" the agreement reached between the state government and the Maoist-nominated mediators to secure the safe release of Sukma District Collector Alex Paul Menon within 48 hours.
"This is the result of hard work of all the four mediators", he said.
"Today`s agreement is a historic step towards peace and development in future", the Chief Minister said, adding "we are waiting for the safe return of the Collector in the next 48 hours".
The accord to ensure the safe return of the Collector, who was abducted by Maoists on April 21, on or before May 2 was initialled by the two mediators each of the Chhattisgarh government and the Maoists at their fourth round of talks yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured