Agreement on collector ‘historic’: Raman Singh
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh on Monday termed as "historic" the agreement reached between the state government and the Maoist-nominated mediators to secure the safe release of Sukma District Collector Alex Paul Menon within 48 hours.
"This is the result of hard work of all the four mediators", he said.
"Today`s agreement is a historic step towards peace and development in future", the Chief Minister said, adding "we are waiting for the safe return of the Collector in the next 48 hours".
The accord to ensure the safe return of the Collector, who was abducted by Maoists on April 21, on or before May 2 was initialled by the two mediators each of the Chhattisgarh government and the Maoists at their fourth round of talks yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach