BJP, Congress gear up for Chhattisgarh assembly polls
Raipur: BJP on Friday expressed confidence that development works by its government in Chhattisgarh would earn it a mandate in the ensuing polls.
Eyeing a hat-trick, Chief Minister Raman Singh said that people of the state have elected BJP twice and once again they will show faith in the party.
"People of the state have given us a chance to serve them twice and I hope this time they will again show faith in us," Singh told reporters this evening.
The Chief Minister claimed his government has fulfilled the promises made during previous elections manifestos.
"In last 10 years, Chhattisgarh has witnessed rapid growth in several sectors. Besides developing infrastructure, Right to Food was enacted. We have taken care of every section including labourers, farmers and students," Singh said.
Meanwhile, opposition Congress has also geared up with the declaration of polls, saying that it will raise the issues of corruption, false promises and poor law and order situation in the state during BJP regime.
"Our party is completely ready for the election. People of the state are fed up with the BJP and this time they will definitely bring change," state Congress chief Charandas Mahant told reporters.
Mahant said the Congress will take up several issues including reducing reservation of scheduled caste, lathi charge on innocent Adivasi, Sarkeguda and Edasmeta incidents, Meena Khalko murder case, Jhaliyamari rape incident, allocations of mines during its election campaign.
He further said, it should be kept in mind that Model Code of Conduct should be implemented in a fair manner so that ruling party members do not violate it.
Government posters, hoardings and banners should be removed besides putting hold on the government decisions likely to influence the electors, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?