Cong, BJP field star campaigners for Chhattisgarh polls
Raipur: The likes of Narendra Modi and Sonia Gandhi will address rallies across Chhattisgarh, which goes into the Assembly elections next week, to woo voters, sources said on Tuesday.
While BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi will address rallies across the state in the party`s last-minute campaign, Congress have its chief Sonia Gandhi and Vice-President Rahul Gandhi on its list, they said.
Both Modi and Sonia will address public meetings at the Bastar region on Thursday, where polls are on November 11.
The Gujarat Chief Minister is also scheduled to address two rallies in the Maoist-hit region of Jagdalpur and Kanker and later another one in Rajnandgaon on the same day, BJP`s media in-charge in the state Rasik Parmar said today.
It was learnt, that the party has also drawn a schedule for senior leaders like L K Advani and Rajnath Singh.
Singh is slated to speak in Chitrakoot, Banpuri and Keshkal on November 7, ahead of the first phase of polling, whereas the former Deputy Prime Minister will be addressing people in Kasdol, Bilaspur and Bhatapara on November 9 for the second phase, Parmar said.
Meanwhile, Sonia will also address rallies in Durg and Ambikapur on November 12 ahead of the second phase of the elections, state Congress spokesperson Shailesh Nitin Trivedi told reporters.
Trivedi also confirmed the visit of Rahul on November 8 in Rajnandgaon and Kanker (north Bastar) and in Surajpur and Bilaspur on November 16.
Eighteen Constituencies spread over eight districts in south Chhattisgarh will witness voting on November 11 while the remaining 72 segments will go into polls on November 19. As many as 985 candidates are in the fray for 90 seats.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 32: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Kings XI Punjab — As it happened...
- Non-veg food banned in Lucknow University campus, students term the decision as 'anti-Dalit'
- When Sachin Tendulkar's run-out against Pakistan triggered huge riot
- Rishi Kapoor spills the beans over son Ranbir Kapoor’s break-up with Katrina Kaif?
- Canara Bank revises lending rates based on MCLR