Court orders man to pay maintenance to 84-year-old mother
Chennai: Coming to the rescue of an aged woman, a Family Court here ordered her son to pay a sum of Rs 5000 per month for her maintenance and medical expenses.
Additional Family Court Judge TCS Raja Chokkalingam ordered that Rose Francis pay Rs 4000 for the maintenance and Rs 1000 towards his mother Rosemary Angelina`s medical expenses.
The court said the maintenance costs shall be paid with effect from November 4 last year and before fifth of every month, while allowing the plea by Rosemary who submitted that her son and daughter-in-law were ill-treating and not taking care of her.
The judge in his order said "having considered earning capacity of the son and the petitioner being the mother of the respondent and she is aged person and considering the circumstances of the case, I am of the considered opinion that fixing a sum of Rs 4,000 per month towards her maintenance and a sum of Rs 1000 towards medical expenses totalling Rs 5000 from the date of the filing of the petition is allowed."
Rosemary in her application had prayed for monthly maintenance of Rs 5000 and Rs 2000 for medical expenses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog