Disabled man consumes poison, tries to meet C’garh CM
Raipur: In a desperate move to attract attention to his condition, a disabled youth approached Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh`s house for financial help but after having consumed poison earlier. He vomitted and collapsed at the gate of Singh`s house here on Thursday.
Devram Sahu reached the Chief Minister`s residence in the morning to meet Raman Singh during the `Jan Darshan` programme where people can meet the Chief Minister with their problems. But, he began vomitting at the main gate and security officials took him to a government hospital where he revealed that he had consumed poison.
Doctors of Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital where he was admitted, said that Sahu was out of danger but his condition needed to be monitored closely for the next 24 hours.
Sahu told police officials that he took poison as he was very poor and had met the chief minister in a `jan darshan` earlier to seek help but was yet to receive any economic assistance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert