Journalist gunned down in Bilaspur
Raipur: A journalist working with a Hindi daily in Bilaspur was shot dead by unidentified gunmen on his way back home after a late-night shift on Monday, police said.
Sushil Pathak, 35, was employed with Hindi daily Dainik Bhaskar and was also the general secretary of the Bilaspur Press Club. He was shot at least four times by the gunmen at around 2.00 am on Monday.
Bilaspur, the state`s second most populous town, is some 120 km from here.
"He was shot dead at close range while on way back to his house after a late-night office shift. The murder seems to be well planned," a police officer said in Bilaspur.
Terming the murder "a brutal killing", Bilaspur Press Club president Sashikant Konher said: "Media persons of Bilaspur are in a total shock now and will stage a protest against the attack."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Air India wooing fliers with ''all-inclusive'' low fares at Rs 1,499
- Planning to visit Rishikesh this summer? Here's how you can reach there!
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sushil Kumar vs Narsingh Yadav - HC likely to take final call today
- Korean Air evacuates plane at Japan's Haneda airport after engine smoke
- Google beats Oracle in $9 billion Android trial