`Maoists attack iron ore deport in Dantewada`
Dantewada: In yet another brazen attack by the home-grown rebels, the Maoists in Chhattisgarh attacked Bacheli station, an iron ore depot in the Dantewada district in the wee hours on Monday.
According to reports, one locomotive has also been burnt by the Maoists.
The Bacheli Station is one of the key centres for iron ore transportation from the mines of National Mineral Development Corporation or NMDC.
Reports coming from the area also claimed that the Maoists have taken a junior railway official hostage after their attack.
More details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez