Naxalite held in Chhatisgarh`s Bastar region
Raipur: A fugitive Naxalite, carrying a
cash reward of Rs 7,000, was arrested from Bastar district and
a weapon seized from him, a top police official said on Thursday.
The ultra, identified as Vikas alias Raitu, was picked
up from a house in Kaknar Baharguda village under Mardoom
station limits here yesterday by a joint team of STF and
district police, Bastar SP Ratan Lal Dangi told PTI on phone.
Raitu is wanted in many cases of looting, attempt to
murder and has been an active Maoist since long, he said.
Dangi also said that Bastar Inspector General of
Police (IG), T J Langkumer, has announced a cash reward for
the joint team and congratulated them for the successful
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa's mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what