Naxals blow up bridge in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Naxals allegedly blew up a bridge in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district Wednesday morning, just before a state minister`s convoy was to pass by from there, police said.
According police officials in Kanker, the incident took place around 10 am under Amabeda police station area, in which no casualties were reported.
State Forest Minister Vikram Usendi`s convoy was scheduled to go to Amabeda from Kanker this morning using this bridge, they added.
Police force has been rushed to the spot to take stock of the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth
- 'Only 15% water left in major reservoirs in India; west, south worst hit'
- Amarnath Yatra: J&K DGP reviews security arrangements
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final