Naxals blow up bridge in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Naxals allegedly blew up a bridge in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district Wednesday morning, just before a state minister`s convoy was to pass by from there, police said.
According police officials in Kanker, the incident took place around 10 am under Amabeda police station area, in which no casualties were reported.
State Forest Minister Vikram Usendi`s convoy was scheduled to go to Amabeda from Kanker this morning using this bridge, they added.
Police force has been rushed to the spot to take stock of the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed