NCP to make Naxalism a poll issue in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: NCP on Tuesday said it would highlight the issue of Naxal menace in its campaign for the upcoming assembly elections in Chhattisgarh.
"We would take up the issue of Naxalism in the upcoming state elections, besides some other issues," party MP and state unit in-charge D P Tripathi told reporters here, referring to the Bastar Naxal attack, in which senior Congress leaders were killed.
"We have to fight against this menace collectively and it should not be politicised," he said when asked about the alleged conspiracy behind the attack.
He said talks were on with small parties in the state to team up with them for the assembly polls. He, however, did not disclose the seat sharing.
"We are trying to coordinate with the Left and small regional parties in the state. In the initial phase, we would announce names of the candidates for 15 seats, in which NCP will fight. Later, after holding discussion with left and other parties we would take the decision to collectively fight 30 or 40 seats," Tripathi said.
"We will try to raise NCP as a major political power in the state," he said.
When asked whether NCP would join hands with Congress in Chhattisgarh, Tripathi said, "It is not necessary that we should be with Congress everywhere."
He also announced the formation of NCP state working body headed by sate president NCP Satish Jaggi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself