Two Naxals wanted for Jeerum valley attack arrested
Raipur: Two Naxals, wanted in connection with the last year`s Jeerum valley attack in which several state Congress leaders were killed, have been arrested, police said on Thursday.
"Kosa (38) and Deva Kudyami (35) were arrested from Chandmeta village in Darbha area of the district and seized a landmine and a country revolver on specific input," said Ajay Yadav, Bastar district Superintendent of Police.
After Tuesday`s brazen attack in Sukma district in which 16 people -- 11 CRPF personnel, four state police and one civilian -- were gunned down by Naxals, police had stepped up the patrolling in the area, he said.
Acting on a tip-off about presence of some Naxals, police rushed to Chandmeta, where the two were arrested, the DSP said.
Both were suspected to be involved in the attack on Congress convoy in which state Congress chief Nandkumar Patel and 28 others were killed. They could also be involved in Tuesday`s attack in Sukma district, the officer said.
While the two denied involvement in the latest attack, they admitted to taking part in the May 25, 2013 attack on the Congress leaders` convoy, Yadav claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?