Villagers attack police party in Chhattisgarh
Rajnandgaon: A mob of around 300 villagers
allegedly attacked a police search party and tried to snatch
their weapons at Ghotia village in the Naxal-hit district.
Four villagers and some of the police personnel were
injured in the incident that occurred Thursday evening, a senior
police official said on Friday.
The police team of 26 personnel, led by Additional
Superintendent of Police (Naxal operations) Y P Singh, was
attacked by the mob at Ghotia main road when it was returning
after carrying out a search in the area, Rajnandgaon SP
Badrinarayan Meena told reporters.
The villagers also tried to snatch the weapons of the
search team, he said.
Some policemen were injured in the attack, Meena said,
adding the personnel used force in self-defence in which four
villagers sustained injuries.
Meanwhile, people from Ghotia village alleged that
police were targeting them for Naxal activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!