Villagers attack police party in Chhattisgarh
Rajnandgaon: A mob of around 300 villagers
allegedly attacked a police search party and tried to snatch
their weapons at Ghotia village in the Naxal-hit district.
Four villagers and some of the police personnel were
injured in the incident that occurred Thursday evening, a senior
police official said on Friday.
The police team of 26 personnel, led by Additional
Superintendent of Police (Naxal operations) Y P Singh, was
attacked by the mob at Ghotia main road when it was returning
after carrying out a search in the area, Rajnandgaon SP
Badrinarayan Meena told reporters.
The villagers also tried to snatch the weapons of the
search team, he said.
Some policemen were injured in the attack, Meena said,
adding the personnel used force in self-defence in which four
villagers sustained injuries.
Meanwhile, people from Ghotia village alleged that
police were targeting them for Naxal activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi