Villagers attack police party in Chhattisgarh
Rajnandgaon: A mob of around 300 villagers
allegedly attacked a police search party and tried to snatch
their weapons at Ghotia village in the Naxal-hit district.
Four villagers and some of the police personnel were
injured in the incident that occurred Thursday evening, a senior
police official said on Friday.
The police team of 26 personnel, led by Additional
Superintendent of Police (Naxal operations) Y P Singh, was
attacked by the mob at Ghotia main road when it was returning
after carrying out a search in the area, Rajnandgaon SP
Badrinarayan Meena told reporters.
The villagers also tried to snatch the weapons of the
search team, he said.
Some policemen were injured in the attack, Meena said,
adding the personnel used force in self-defence in which four
villagers sustained injuries.
Meanwhile, people from Ghotia village alleged that
police were targeting them for Naxal activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest