1,100 quizzed to crack Shobit`s case: Police to HC
New Delhi: Opposing a plea seeking a CBI
probe into the murder of IT student Shobit Modi near his
Vasant Kunj residence in May this year, the city police on Monday
told the Delhi High Court that it has already examined over
1,100 people in the case.
Appearing for Delhi Police, advocate Dayan Krishnan told
Justice Mukta Gupta that several police teams have been
working under the supervision of DCP south but no clue has
been found as yet.
"Transfer of the case is not going to enhance the case in
any manner. We have examined more than 1,100 people including
the family members of his girl friend. Each aspect in the case
is being examined by the police but nothing has been found so
far," the counsel said.
"It does not call for transfer or any interference into
the investigation of the case," the lawyer said while arguing
that police cannot investigate the case as per the
instructions of the complainant -- Shobit`s father.
Accusing the father and brother of Shobit`s girlfriend
of being involved in his murder, the slain youth`s family had
alleged that the city police was ignoring vital leads in the
case, including the contents of SMS exchanged between the
victim and his girl friend.
Shobit`s counsel had earlier argued that the victim`s
family members had supplied the mobile phone, laptop to the
police for investigation but nothing was found till date.
"Police have failed to analyse the contents of the SMS and
the victim`s interaction with his friend about his affair with
the girl," the counsel submitted adding there was no motive of
robbery behind the murder as the victim`s belongings were
The lawyer submitted his client was threatened by the
father and brother of his girlfriend in his college a few
months before the incident as they were against their
Shobit, a student of Manav Rachna University, Faridabad,
was fatally stabbed by unknown persons near his Vasant Kunj
residence on May 5 this year.
After police failed to trace the culprit, his father Suraj
Modi approached the high court seeking transfer of the probe
into the case to the CBI.
The court adjourned the matter till tomorrow for further
hearing of the petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert