14-day judicial remand for Maoist leader Kobad Ghandy
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Thursday sent Kobad
Ghandy, a Politbureau member of banned CPI (Maoist), to 14
days of judicial custody.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja sent
59-year-old Ghandy to judicial custody till October 29 when he
was produced before the court after the expiry of his
Meanwhile, the court also partially heard the bail
application filed on his behalf and posted it for further
hearing for October 20.
The court had on October 8 extended the police remand of
Ghandy by seven days to facilitate the investigating agency to
gather evidence and unravel the designs of the Maoists.
Ghandy`s release was reportedly demanded by Maoists along
with their two other leaders in exchange for abducted
Jharkhand police Inspector Francis Induwar, who was later
beheaded by the extremists.
The Maoist leader, who was in-charge of expanding the
proscribed organisation`s influence in urban areas, was
arrested on September 21 by the special cell of Delhi Police.
Ghandy, who studied in the prestigious Doon School and
the Cambridge University, was among the top echelons of
erstwhile CPI-ML (People`s War group) and then became a
Central Committee member of the CPI (Maoist) after its
formation. He became part of the CPI (Maoist) Politbureau in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah