142 cases registered against Nand Nagri family
New Delhi: This is a family which would remind one of the popular American TV series `The Sopranos` as 142 cases are pending against its members in various police stations of the national capital.
Of the 142 cases registered against members of the family residing at Nand Nagri in north-east Delhi, the youngest member, a 29-year-old, stands at the top with 62 cases of various natures.
Delhi Police says the family members of Pawan, who was arrested yesterday, are involved in at least a few cases of snatching, NDPS Act and those relating to criminal activities.
It came as a shock for police as well when they found that Pawan and his family members have so many cases against them of various nature and acts.
Pawan, who was externed from the capital in March last year, returned soon to get back to snatching as he has committed 48 snatchings in the past.
The Class III dropout has 48 cases of snatching, three cases of robbery and two cases of NDPS Act, besides other cases against him.
Pawan was arrested yesterday from near Gagan Cinema in Nand Nagri bus stand based on a specific input that he would come there for committing crime.
"He was arrested and on search, a buttondar knife was recovered from his possession. He was externed from the capital for a period of two years on March 22, 2011," Additional Commissioner of Police (North-East Dist) V V Chaudhary said.
Police said Pawan used to help his father in his illicit liquor business and actively began his criminal career in the year 2000.
"He is involved in 62 criminal cases as of now which include 48 cases of snatching, 3 cases of robbery, two cases of NDPS Act and other cases. His area of operation is mainly East and North-East District but also found involved in few cases in the area of West and North-West Districts," the officer said.
Pawan`s father has 15 criminal cases registered against him, nine cases against his mother, his brothers 18 and 30 respectively, mother-in-law and brother-in-law 8 cases each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash