2008 Delhi blasts: Fresh production warrants against 11

Last Updated: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 - 21:03

New Delhi: A Delhi court on Wednesday issued
fresh orders to produce before it eleven inmates of Sabarmati
Central Jail of Ahmedabad for framing of charges against them
in the 2008 case of serial terror blast here.



Additional Sessions Judge Santosh Snehi Mann issued
production warrants against the accused seeking their presence
in her court on May 6 after the Sabarmati jail`s officer
in-charge sought three weeks to produce them.
Sabarmati Jail`s Officer In-Charge I K Sonara had
come to the court which had summoned him due to his failure
to produce the accused despite repeated issuance of production
warrants against the accused lodged in his jail.



The court also told the jail official that as the
production warrants had been issued against the accused, it
was his obligation to produce them before it.



"I want certain confusions to be removed. Directions
were given to produce them (accused) under the CrPC. It is
your obligation to produce them (before the court)," the judge
said adding there was no reason for non-compliance of its
order.



The court gave one month`s time to the officer in
charge, rejecting his plea for three weeks to produce the
accused lodged in Sabarmati jail.



The court had earlier issued summons against the jail
official saying physical production of the 11 accused is
required to record their stands on charges against them.



The court had said the charges could not be framed in
the case till date due to non-production of the 11 accused
before it.
The court had earlier decided to frame charges against
the accused for waging a war against the state and killing
people in the September 13, 2008, serial blasts which left
26 people dead and 135 others injured.



The court had discharged one of the accused, Salman,
as no evidence against him was found.



The charges are to be framed against Mohd Shakeel,
Mohd Saif, Zeeshan Ahmed, Zia-ur-Rehaman, Saquib Nisar, Mohd
Sadique, Kayamuddin Kapadia, Mohd Hakim, Mohd Mansoor Ashgar
Peerbhoy, Mubin Kadar Sheikh, Asif Bashiruddin, Mohd Akbar
Ismail Chaudhary and Shahzad Ahmed.



Five cases were registered in connection with the
serial blasts at Gaffar Market in Karol Bagh, Barakhamba Road
in Connaught Place, M-Block Market in Greater Kailash and
recovery of a bomb near India Gate.



Of the 14 accused, involved in the five cases, five
were arrested by the Delhi police following an encounter at
Batla House here on September 19, 2008. Four others were
apprehended by the Mumbai Police, three by the Uttar Pradesh
Police and one each by the Hyderabad and Madhya Pradesh Police
forces.



PTI



First Published: Wednesday, April 6, 2011 - 21:03

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus