24 Medals for CBI officals
New Delhi: CBI sleuths probing big-ticket
corruption cases figure prominently in this year`s 24 service
medals announced on Wednesday for distinguished and meritorious
service to agency officers and officials.
The medals annnounced on the eve of 63rd Republic Day
include names of Joint Director Prabodh Kumar, Heading the
anti-corruption Headquarters of the CBI, DIG SK Palsania,
in-charge of 2G spectrum allocation case, Additional SP SS
Giri probing the illegal mining case, who are enagaged in the
probe of some of the biggest corruption cases of the country.
The winners of this year`s President`s Police Medal
include Joint Director Prabodh Kumar, an IPS of Punjab cadre
1988 batch, who is heading the Anti-corruption headquarters.
Kumar is handling corruption cases including the
Commonwealth Games scam, Medical Council of India bribery
case, Srinagar Land scam, Reliance Gas exploration case among
other such anti-corruption cases.
Other recipients of President`s Police Medal include
Rajiv Kumar Tandon, 1988 batch IPS from Madhya Pradesh cadre ,
posted as Joint Director (Administration), SP Anti-corruption
branch Chennai N P Rajeevakshan, Additional SP Special Crime
Branch Karnail Singh, Special Unit Inspector Jagdish Prasad
and Additional Sub-inspector (Late) Raj Kishore Singh.
Police Medals for meritorious service have gone to 18
officials including Palsania who is handling cases related to
spectrum allocation scam which is one of the biggest in the
history of the country in terms of the losses to exchequer.
Other IPS officers who received the medal include Binita
Thakur, Deputy Inspector General who is in-charge of Interpol
wing of the agency and Narasimha N Komar, DIG at the agency`s
Banking security division in Bangalore.
S S Giri who is looking after the probe in the illegal
mining case in Karnataka is named in the list of recipients
for Police medal along with K M Varkey, Additional S P, CBI,
Special Unit, Chennai.
J S Emmanuel, DSP, CBI, Academy, Ghaziabad, B K Pradhan,
DSP, CBI, SCB, Kolkata, N G Khamrang, DSP, CBI, ACB, Shillong
Mahesh Chand Kashyap, DSP, CBI, SU, New Delhi, B M Chonkar,
Inspector, CBI, ACB, Mumbai, Brij Mohan Pandit, Inspector,
CBI, Economic Offences-I, New Delhi, Ajay Kumar Pandey,
Inspector, CBI, EO-III, New Delhi are some other officials who
have been awarded Police Medal this year.
The list also includes P Rajendiran, Inspector, CBI, EOW,
Chennai, Navin Chandra, Sub-Inspector, CBI, AC-III, New Delhi,
Anil Kumar, Sub-Inspector, CBI, ACB, Ghaziabad, Haridas Das,
ASI, CBI, ACB, Kolkata, Kamal Kishore Thapliyal, Head
Constable, CBI, ACB, Dehradun and Mohammad Jakaria Khan, Head
Constable, CBI, EO-III, New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many Christians, Hindus to Islam?
- REVEALED: How Virat Kohli motivated team on the field - Here's what stump mic picked up
- Katrina Kaif in her little 'Twilight' zone with Robert Pattinson! Pic inside
- Chinese demolitions at Buddhist institute draw fire
- Narsingh Yadav missing Rio Olympics will mean India losing a medal: WFI President