6 held for indulging in vehicle thefts in Delhi
New Delhi: Six persons, allegedly involved in a series of vehicle theft cases, were arrested in separate incidents in the capital with police on Sunday claiming that they have recovered 11 stolen two-wheelers from them.
Rinku (18), Paramvir (19) and a minor boy were apprehended from Rohini Sector 5 allegedly with a stolen motorcycle yesterday, P Karunakaran, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer) said.
Their questioning led to the the recovery of a motorcycle and two scooters which were stolen from Vijay Vihar and Begampur.
Another person, Chander Shekhar (22) was also arrested in a separate incident allegedly with a stolen motorcycle, he said.
"They used to roam at night and target vehicles in unattended areas," Karunakaran said.
In another incident, two men - Waseem (20) and Madanveer (38) - were arrested from Rajouri Garden in West Delhi yesterday.
With their arrest, Additional Commissioner of Police (West) V Renganathan, said six vehicle theft cases have been worked out and seven stolen motorcycles recovered from them.
"Waseem told us that he along with his accomplice Sahajad have stolen many vehicles from Delhi and sold them at various places in Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh," he said.
Three motorcycles have been recovered from Meerut at the instance of Waseem.
"Three motorcycles were recovered from Madanveer, who allegedly bought the stolen motortcycle," Renganathan added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened