84 riots victim relates how his 3 brothers were killed
New Delhi: A man, who lost his three brothers
in the 1984 anti-Sikh riots, today related before a Delhi
court, which is trying senior Congress leader Sajjan Kumar,
how he had sought help from an Army officer in order to save
"I had only stated to him (Major) that my elder brother
has already been killed while two were still surviving whom I
had not seen and in case help is provided by him then they can
be saved," Jagsher Singh deposed before Additional Sessions
Judge Sunita Gupta.
However, Singh`s brothers were killed by the time the help
could be provided by the Army officer.
During his cross examination, the witness, who was then
working in Military Engineering Services (MES), said he had
gone to the Major believing that he would help him. The
officer had sent a junior officer with the witness to get a
case registered on a complaint.
Singh also told the court how the police officers did
not take any action on his complaint.
"I met a senior officer in the police station Delhi Cantt
on November five, 1984. I talked to him for hardly two
minutes...I did not tell the officer that he had given a
patient hearing regarding Ramavtar Sharma (at whose house, he
took shelter). Now, he should record my complaint and take
action against the culprits," he testified.
In his testimony on October 19, Singh had identified in
the court Kumar as someone who had allegedly provoked the mob
to kill his brothers during the carnage after the
assassination of the then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi on
October 31, 1984.
43-year-old Singh is a cousin of complainant Jagdish Kaur
whose husband Kehar Singh and a son were also killed during
Kaur had on July 3 identified Kumar and his nephew
Khokkar and other accused Girdhari Lal and Captain Bhagmal as
accomplices who had allegedly instigated mobs during the 1984
Kaur`s family members, including her husband, were killed
in the riots.
CBI had filed two chargesheets against Kumar and others on
January 13 in the riots cases registered in 2005 on the
recommendation of the G T Nanavati Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'