A court here has ordered the Joint Commissioner of
New Delhi: A court here has ordered the Joint Commissioner of Police to inquire into allegations levelled by an undertrial accused in a fake passport and visa racket case, against two senior police personnel of Delhi Police`s Special Cell of conspiring and facilitating the escape of a woman co-accused.
Harshad Alam, who was arrested by the Special Cell, along with other members of his family, for running a racket of providing fake passports and visas in Delhi, Haryana and Punjab, alleged that the officers conspired with another accused Umesh Gambhir and facilitated the escape of his sister and co-accused Honey Sharma.
Honey absconded after securing interim bail from the Delhi High Court last month.
"I have gone through allegations made in the complaint filed by Harshad Alam. After going through the same, let copy of the said complaint be sent to Joint Commissioner of Police, Special Cell with directions to enquire the matter either himself or through some responsible officer not below the rank of DCP," Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Prakash said.
The court also directed that since the allegations are levelled against senior police officers, the enquiry be conducted by a personnel of a senior rank.
Honey Sharma, her husband Vipin Sharma, brothers Harshad and Aman Alam, along with Sachin Sharma, Umesh Gambhir and Bhupender Singh, all in their 30s, are accused of cheating, forgery, criminal conspiracy under the IPC and the Passport Act.
They are also accused of running an international racket of human trafficking and immigration racket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!