A court here has ordered the Joint Commissioner of
New Delhi: A court here has ordered the Joint Commissioner of Police to inquire into allegations levelled by an undertrial accused in a fake passport and visa racket case, against two senior police personnel of Delhi Police`s Special Cell of conspiring and facilitating the escape of a woman co-accused.
Harshad Alam, who was arrested by the Special Cell, along with other members of his family, for running a racket of providing fake passports and visas in Delhi, Haryana and Punjab, alleged that the officers conspired with another accused Umesh Gambhir and facilitated the escape of his sister and co-accused Honey Sharma.
Honey absconded after securing interim bail from the Delhi High Court last month.
"I have gone through allegations made in the complaint filed by Harshad Alam. After going through the same, let copy of the said complaint be sent to Joint Commissioner of Police, Special Cell with directions to enquire the matter either himself or through some responsible officer not below the rank of DCP," Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vidya Prakash said.
The court also directed that since the allegations are levelled against senior police officers, the enquiry be conducted by a personnel of a senior rank.
Honey Sharma, her husband Vipin Sharma, brothers Harshad and Aman Alam, along with Sachin Sharma, Umesh Gambhir and Bhupender Singh, all in their 30s, are accused of cheating, forgery, criminal conspiracy under the IPC and the Passport Act.
They are also accused of running an international racket of human trafficking and immigration racket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Team India to attend preparatory camp under new coach Anil Kumble!
- Like seriously! Marijuana is legal in these 8 countries
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet