A new twist in defence official’s death
New Delhi: It’s been two days since the mysterious deaths of Kumar Yashkar Sinha, 42 and his wife, Archana Sharma, 34, a trained classical dancer and Delhi police is still clueless.
According to Pushkar Sinha, brother of slain defence ministry official, Yashkar went to meet him in Lucknow last week and discussed the enormous work pressure on him.
He even met his sister a day before his death.
On Saturday, Delhi police found a hand-written note wrapped in a `green envelope` in Sinha’s home during investigation in which he had mentioned the names of two Army officers who were allegedly `behind the work pressure`.
According to the sources, the two suspected officials of defence ministry can be summoned for questioning.
So far, the relatives of Yashkar have maintained that the couple were happily married and they enjoyed healthy relationship. So, marital discord cannot be ruled out.
The relatives of the deceased couple alleged that there could be a conspiracy behind the deaths.
Meanwhile, Delhi police is quizzing the colleagues of Yashkar.
Kumar Yashkar Sinha worked as a deputy director at Directorate General of Medical Services under the Defence Ministry and was found dead alongwith his wife under mysterious circumstances in his South Delhi home on March 30.
The initial reports suggested that Yashkar first strangulated his wife and then immolated himself. But, the recently found note indicates something fishy in the case.
The couple was married for seven years and had no children.
The incident was reported to police by neighbours when they saw smoke coming out from the couple’s flat.
Meanwhile, Delhi police on Sunday questioned an official of ADG rank in defence ministry to get more details on the content of the `note` that is very crucial to crack the case of mysterious deaths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof