AAP finalises Delhi cabinet, seven ministers to take oath with Kejriwal on Dec 26
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), which is set to form the government in Delhi, on Tuesday finalised its cabinet. The ministers are expected to take oath along with CM-in-waiting Arvind Kejriwal on December 26, at Ramlila Maidan.
As per reports, apart from Arvind Kejriwal the cabinet will include Somnath Bharti, Manish Sisodia, Girish Soni, Rakhi Birla, Saurabh Bhardwaj and Satyendra Jain.
The names were finalised by party leaders at a meeting today.
The AAP had earlier said that it will officially name its ministers on Wednesday.
The AAP, which won 28 seats in the recent elections, had staked claim to form government in Delhi yesterday.
AAP leader Manish Sisodia is a former journalist who won from the Patparganj seat. He defeated Nakul Bhardwaj of BJP by 11,478 votes. Sisodia is a prominent face of the party and has been by Kejriwal`s side right from the beginning. He is also the a member of the party`s political affairs committee. He may be given an important portfolio.
Saurabh Bhardwaj, 34, defeated Ajay Kumar Malhotra, son of veteran BJP leader VK Malhotra, by 13,092 votes in Greater Kailash.
Somnath Bharti, 39, who was also president of the IIT-Delhi alumni association, defeated BJP`s Arti Mehra and Kiran Walia of Congress in Malviya Nagar.
Rakhi Birla, a former journalist, defeated Raj Kumar Chauhan, a minister in the Sheila Dikshit government, from Mangolpuri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India