AAP finalises Delhi cabinet, seven ministers to take oath with Kejriwal on Dec 26
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), which is set to form the government in Delhi, on Tuesday finalised its cabinet. The ministers are expected to take oath along with CM-in-waiting Arvind Kejriwal on December 26, at Ramlila Maidan.
As per reports, apart from Arvind Kejriwal the cabinet will include Somnath Bharti, Manish Sisodia, Girish Soni, Rakhi Birla, Saurabh Bhardwaj and Satyendra Jain.
The names were finalised by party leaders at a meeting today.
The AAP had earlier said that it will officially name its ministers on Wednesday.
The AAP, which won 28 seats in the recent elections, had staked claim to form government in Delhi yesterday.
AAP leader Manish Sisodia is a former journalist who won from the Patparganj seat. He defeated Nakul Bhardwaj of BJP by 11,478 votes. Sisodia is a prominent face of the party and has been by Kejriwal`s side right from the beginning. He is also the a member of the party`s political affairs committee. He may be given an important portfolio.
Saurabh Bhardwaj, 34, defeated Ajay Kumar Malhotra, son of veteran BJP leader VK Malhotra, by 13,092 votes in Greater Kailash.
Somnath Bharti, 39, who was also president of the IIT-Delhi alumni association, defeated BJP`s Arti Mehra and Kiran Walia of Congress in Malviya Nagar.
Rakhi Birla, a former journalist, defeated Raj Kumar Chauhan, a minister in the Sheila Dikshit government, from Mangolpuri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown