`AAP`s remarks on R Day parade have not hit morale of Army`
New Delhi: The remarks made by leaders from the Aam Aadmi Party against the holding of functions such as the Republic Day have not affected the morale of the Army and it is continuing its rehearsals for the event, a senior officer said on Thursday.
"This did not have any effect on us and we are continuing with our preparations for the parade," Delhi Area Deputy Commander Maj Gen Rajbir Singh told reporters here.
The officer was asked if the remarks made by the AAP leaders against the Republic Day parade during their two-day protest near the Rajpath affected the morale of the personnel participating in the show.
During their two-day protest in front of the Rail Bhawan, AAP leaders had reportedly said that the Republic Day function was meant for elite class people only.
Meanwhile, at the full dress rehearsal of the parade, Singh said it was delayed by two minutes and efforts would be made to correct the timing of all the tableaux.
He said 5,000 personnel have come from different parts of the country to take part in the 90-minute parade.
Singh said the IAF would showcase its latest induction - C-17 Globemaster heavylift aircraft - at the parade while the Navy would showcase its submarine prowess.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident