Aarushi case: Talwars to move HC over examination of witnesses
Zee Media Bureau
New Deli: The dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, facing trial for the murders of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, will on Wednesday approach the Allahabad High Court for the production of all 13 people who have been dropped by the CBI as prosecution witnesses.
Earlier this month, the special CBI court in Ghaziabad, which is hearing the case, had partially accepted the Talwars` plea for the examination of seven out of a 13 persons in connection with the case.
Seeking to challenge the trial court`s decision, the dentist couple had decided to move the High Court.
The seven defence witnesses, on which the court agreed, include Dr RK Sharma, former head of department of forensic science at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Dr Urmil Sharma, a gynecologist and emeritus consultant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in Delhi, Dr Amulya Chadda, a dentist and Mahendra Sharma, a carpenter.
The judge, however, dropped the names of Dr Richa Sexena, SL Vaya, expert at FSL in Gujarat Nodal officer of Airtel, Nodal officer of Vodafone, Arun Kumar, Uttar Pradesh ADG (crime and law &order), and registrar at Supreme Court to summon them as defence witnesses.
Three of these seven witnesses have so far recorded their statements before the special CBI court. The latest to record her statement was Dr Urmil Sharma, who is the witness from the side of the Talwars. Dr Urmil explained to the court on Monday that if a 13-14 year-old girl dies, and vaginal test is conducted after her death, vaginal orifice would not be found open and vaginal canal will not be visible.
14-year-old Aarushi was found brutally murdered in the Talwars` Noida residence on May 16, 2008. The body of their domestic help Hemraj was found the next day from the terrace of the house.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'